|Pictured is a Department of Justice U.S. Marshal's Chevrolet panel truck assigned to the Western District of Washington State, parked in front of the Tacoma, Washington police headquarters. This unit was used in the Tacoma and Seattle area.
Anyone with additional information about this photograph is encouraged to contact us.
UPDATE: Erik Timothy, Historian for the Tacoma Police Department, advises that the police headquarters shown in the photograph was located at 7th and Pacific Avenue, and was used from January 1929 to May 1957. The city jail was located on the top three floors of the five story building. He believes the photo was taken between 1935 and 1940.
Return to the Photo Archive Page.
Go to the PHM home page.