Dover Borough Lockup
In Dover community park as a historic building.
Fawn Grove Lockup
Privately owned, damaged by fire.
Delta Borough Lockup
Privately owned, storage building.
New Oxford Borough Lockup
In historic New Oxford fire house.
Red Lion Borough Lockup
Privately owned, storage building.
Seven Valleys Borough Lockup
Owned and maintained by Seven Valleys borough
Windsor Borough Lockup
Near ball field, believed privately owned.

Dover Lockup Photo Gallery

The Dover lockup was constructed in 1904 from cut red sandstone, a rock indigenous to the Dover area. A louvered cupola at the peak of the roof would have provided ventilation for the cells. The lockup has three windows, two in the left side wall and one in the rear wall opposite the door.

The lockup was originally located at the intersection of City Hall Drive and Herrold Drive, two small alleys about a block north of the Dover square.

The Dover lockup was relocated from its original location to the Dover Community Park on West Canal Road in Dover Township.

The inside of the lockup currently has none of the cells that were once in the building. It is presumed that the cells would have been located on the side of the building opposite the door and windows. The number of cells that were in the building is not currently known.

The Dover lockup is now publicly owned.

Click on each image below to see a larger version of the image.

The Police Heritage Museum, Inc.

Address: P.O. Box 1582
  York, PA 17405
Phone: (717) 845-COPS
E-mail: Contact Form

About Us

The Police Heritage Museum, Inc. is entirely run by volunteers - there is no paid staff working for the museum.

We ask for your patience when contacting the Police Heritage Museum, as there is no full-time staff to immediately respond to any inquiries.